Even while erectile dysfunction affects the majority of males over the age of 45, it is far less prevalent in healthy people compared to those who smoke, are overweight, have chronic health conditions, or don’t exercise.
Age increases the likelihood of developing erectile dysfunction. Approximately 10% of men in your age range suffer erectile dysfunction if they are under 40. You are like the majority of guys your age if you are 85 or older and suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction Signs
As a result of erectile dysfunction, you could have trouble maintaining or obtaining an erection and experience difficulties having sex since your penis isn’t hard enough.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes
Erectile dysfunction is more likely to occur if you have health issues. For instance, if you have diabetes, you’re more than twice as likely to experience Male ED Treatment Denver than if you don’t. The following medical conditions also raise your chance of erectile dysfunction:
- Parkinson’s condition
- Heart condition
- Anxiety and/or depression
- issues with blood clotting
- elevated blood pressure
With erectile dysfunction affecting 85% of men who have had prostate cancer in the past, treatment for prostate cancer significantly raises your risk of developing it.
In addition, the following things can cause erectile dysfunction:
- insufficient testosterone
- a few medicines (e.g. antidepressants, blood pressure-lowering drugs)
- Some illicit substances (e.g. nicotine, heroin)
- psychological elements such as anxiety or sadness or interpersonal conflict.
- Identifying erectile dysfunction
Depending on how satisfied you are with your capacity to achieve and sustain an erection, erectile dysfunction may be diagnosed. Your doctor will determine the underlying reason for your erectile dysfunction to identify a treatment option that is right for you.
Effect of Erectile Dysfunction on Health
It’s critical to get treatment for erectile dysfunction because it can have a huge impact on how you and your spouse feel. Satisfying sex life does not, however, necessarily necessitate an erection. Without having an erection, you can ejaculate and orgasm.
A hidden health issue is frequently indicated by erectile dysfunction. You could lose the chance to stop a more serious illness from developing if you ignore your erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options
Make an appointment with your doctor or Mens ED Clinic Denver to know if you have any worries.
- What tests will I need to run to determine the root of my erectile dysfunction?
- Which additional medical issues might be causing my erectile dysfunction?
- Is there anything I should check for to see whether my erectile dysfunction is related to any other medical conditions?
- Which therapies do you believe will work the best for me?
- Should I visit a psychologist?
Blood flow within the penis fluctuates in response to nerve stimulation during the erection-inducing and -maintaining process. Erectile dysfunction may result from a problem that disrupts the way the blood vessels or nerves communicate. Your body’s blood flow is governed by the same systems that regulate blood flow in your penis. Because of this, cardiovascular illness frequently manifests as erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction increases the risk of death, stroke, and coronary heart disease.